BENGALURU: Police have arrested three men, including the main suspect, in connection with the double murder of two high-ranking executives from a private company in Bengaluru. The Amruthahalli police apprehended the three suspects involved in the murder of the chief executive officer (CEO) and managing director (MD) of Aeronics Media Pvt. Ltd., an internet broadband service provider located in Pampa Extension near Amruthahalli. The main accused has been identified as Shabarish, also known as Felix, aged 27. The other two suspects are Vinay Reddy, 23, and Santosh, also known as Santhu, 26. The accused forcibly entered the Aeronics office and brutally hacked CEO Vinu Kumar, 40, and MD Phanindra Subramanya, 36. Here are some details about the incident.
* The motive behind the murder is yet to be ascertained but police suspect that business rivalry was the reason for the brutal crime.
* Felix was a former employee of the firm who had started his own venture after resigning recently. Felix had quit to form his own company, which is said to be a rival business.
* Armed with daggers, the trio stormed into the office and attacked Subramanya in the presence of employees. As Kumar rushed to his rescue, he too was assaulted with the sharp weapons, according to police.
* After they fled the spot, the employees rushed the injured to the hospital where the victims succumbed to their injuries.
* Police formed four special teams to track down the main accused after a case was registered on Tuesday.
* The Aeronics company was started by Phanindra and Vinu Kumar in November 2022, sources said. Prior to it, Phanindra and Vinu Kumar worked in a private company located at Bannerghatta road, with Felix as their senior colleague.
* The firm was providing internet facilities. Later, resigning their jobs, the victims started Aeronics Internet Company and Felix believed his firm was losing customers to Phanindra and Kumar.
* Felix felt that his firm was facing financial crisis because of Aeronics, staffers told police.
(With inputs from agencies)