25.2 C
New York

76 Gr Noida hostel students hospitalised due to ‘food poisoning’

Published:

NOIDA: A total of 76 students were hospitalized in

Greater Noida

, Uttar Pradesh, after experiencing suspected

food poisoning

.
The students, who attend different colleges, had dinner at a private hostel on Friday as part of their

Mahashivratri fast

. Shortly after the meal, many of them began to feel unwell, complaining of uneasiness, dizziness, and vomiting.
The incident took place at Aryan Residency in the

Knowledge Park

area, which is an educational hub.

The

local police

have taken charge of the situation and all the students have been taken to various hospitals.
Fortunately, their condition is now stable. The authorities have confirmed that this incident did not result in any law and order issues and an investigation is currently underway.

“The local police are seized of the incident which took place on Friday evening after around 76 students had their dinner and then complained of their stomachs getting upset. All the students were taken to different hospitals and their condition is stable now,” police said in a statement.
The local food safety department has also dispatched a team to conduct an inspection at the site.
“The team will collect samples of food items and raw materials used to prepare the dinner. The samples would be analysed and legal proceedings initiated accordingly,” an official told PTI.

Students reported that the dinner was specially prepared for them due to their fast.
“We had dinner at around 9.30 pm. I started feeling dizzy by 10.30 pm and then went to sleep. Some friends then noticed that a lot of students had started complaining of dizziness, uneasiness, vomiting,” said Piyush, a student recuperating at a private hospital.
“My body started trembling around midnight and I felt feverish and dizzy. Two of my roommates and I were then brought to the emergency department here. Some others in my hostel were vomiting too,” another student Kushal told reporters at the Kailash Hospital.
The incident has raised concerns about food safety and the authorities are taking it seriously. They are committed to identifying the cause of the food poisoning and taking appropriate legal action.

Related articles

Recent articles

spot_img